Current location in the site
The Council consists of 12 elected representatives – a mayor and 11 councillors - who are voted in by residents and ratepayers every three years. The elected representatives are drawn from four wards: Malvern (main town Darfield); Selwyn Central (main town, Rolleston); Springs (main town, Lincoln); and Ellesmere (main town, Leeston).
Remuneration of elected members is set by the Remuneration Authority.
Elections are held every three years (next election October 2019) for the following:
(b) Eleven (11) councillors, as follows:
- Ellesmere Ward: two (2) councillors
- Malvern Ward: two (2) councillors
- Selwyn Central Wards: four (4) councillors
- Springs Ward: three (3) councillors
(c) Five (5) members of the Malvern Community Board, as follows:
- Three (3) members by the electors of the Hawkins subdivision
- Two (2) members by the electors of the Tawera subdivision
Previous Election Results:
Selwyn district is broken into four wards for election purposes. The four wards are:
- Ellesmere [PDF, 315 KB]
- Malvern [PDF, 277 KB] - Malvern Tawera & Hawkins Subdivisions [PDF, 1015 KB]
- Selwyn Central [PDF, 283 KB]
- Springs [PDF, 320 KB]
You can also enter your details to find out what ward you are in, on the Electoral Commission's enrol page.