Current location in the site
The council manages over 70 playgrounds in the district.
We have a smokefree policy and we request that people do not smoke in public outdoor areas, like playgrounds, parks and sports grounds, and at Council supported events. This policy is in place so that everyone can enjoy public spaces and public events in a smokefree environment and to provide good role modelling of smokefree behaviour to children.
A full list of playgrounds can be found below, or check out our map to see which playgrounds are near you.
The following are playgrounds within the Selwyn District that are maintained by the Council.
- Trelissick Loop
- Corner Everett Street and King Street
- Almond Park, Clinton Street
- Avoca Place/Snowden Place
- Mulholland Memorial Reserve, Oakden Drive/Devon Crescent
- Skate Park, West Coast Road
- Torlesse Crescent
- Genesis Drive
- Homebush Road
- Hart Place off Hummocks Road
- Anderson Square, High Street
- Liffey Domain, Leinster Terrace
- Liffey Domain, North Belt/Liffey Place
- Millstream Drive
- Weston Way/Ashgrove Court (Petanque area)
- Southfield Drive
- Hasendene Drive
- Kajens Court
- William Street
- Cairnbrae Drive
- Pacific Drive in the Campground
- John Street
- Bronte Way
- Caesar Close/Juliet Place
- Othello Drive/Rolleston Drive
- Rolleston Drive
- Dryden Ave
- Markham Way (basketball half court)
- Oak Tree Lane (tennis court, basketball half court)
- Goulds Green, Curnow Way/Cameron Crescent
- High Street
- Between West Coast Road and Tramway Road
- Everest Way
The following playground is maintained by a committee:
Please contact the committee if you have any concerns about the playground.
- Osborne Park, Drain Road (fully fenced junior and senior playground)