Accessibility quick skip links

Tree trimming

Current location in the site

Owners of properties adjacent to Council reserves are asked to contact the Council if trees on the reserve require trimming. Contractors will undertake any required work under the Council’s trees and vegetation policy.

The Council should also be contacted for trimming of trees on roadsides and berms.

Call the Helpline or fill out our form to place a service request.

Property owners are also asked to keep trees and vegetation clear from footpaths.

Note that the Council may trim vegetation back from properties if it crosses into a Council reserve in a manner that could impede or injure users of a reserve.

With summer’s arrival we’re also encouraging residents to water trees directly outside your house on the roadside berm, especially young trees which are susceptible to dry conditions.

Last Changed: 06 Dec 2017

Latest News

Even more events this Summer in Selwyn

An extra month’s worth of events have been packed into the 2017/18 annual Summer in Selwyn programme, kicking off this year at the start of December.

Representative photo
More about Summer in Selwyn...

It just makes Water Sense!

Summer is on its way, and we want to ensure properties connected to Council water supplies can enjoy good water service during the warmer time of year.

More about water sense...

Are you sorted ... with a safe ride home?

Selwyn District Council, Police and the Licenced premises across the district are participating in the Christmas/New Year annual drink drive campaign, encouraging everyone to sort a safe ride home before going out for a few drinks this summer.

More about Are You Sorted...

More News...

Latest News - items of interest


Whats Hot items

Footer navigation list

© Selwyn District Council |