Please select a Cemetery:
The cemetery was established in 1872 on five acres of land given by the Canterbury Provincial Government, with the earliest burial dating from 1874.
The first fencing was part sod and part wire, and there were originally two entrances - one to Shands Road and one to Weedons Road (the present one).
In 1885, a tender was accepted for building a Mortuary Chapel.
From 16 October 1950, the Springs County Council took over the control and management of the cemetery. View the cemetery plan and a map of the cemetery's location.