Funding & Grants
Current location in the site
The Council and Community Board Discretionary Funding
Each year the Selwyn District Council allocate discretionary funds to:
- Malvern Community Board - 2016/17 year $13,223
- Springs Discretionary Fund Committee - 2016/17 year $21,960
- Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committee - 2016/17 year $14,223
- Selwyn Central Fund Committee - 2016/17 year $27,868
The Springs and Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committee meet each fortnight during the regular Council meetings.
What is funded
- Community groups based in or working for Selwyn District.
- Personal growth and development for individuals.
- Capacity building and development for Selwyn-based community organisations.
- Representation at events both individuals and teams.
- Seed funding for special events or projects.
- School projects which are outside Ministry of Education curriculum activities.
- Church programmes/activities which include the wider community.
Who can apply
- Non-profit community organisations based in or working in Selwyn and delivering services/activities in Selwyn
- Selwyn residents
How much are the grants?
Most grants are between $400 and $1,200 although this is at the discretion of the relevant Community Board or Discretionary Committee.
We are a complementary rather than a primary funder, priority is given to organisations or individuals who have sought other sources of funding.
Funding will not be provided in consecutive financial years under the funding policies of the Springs and Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committees.
Please read the funding policies for Springs and Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committees.
In terms of Malvern Community Board, priority will be given to applicants who have not received funding in the previous financial year.
A printed version of the Application form [PDF, 360 KB] (PDF) is available, you can pick up a form from any Selwyn District Council Library / Service Centre or you are able to complete the form online.
For assistance or further information on funding/grants please contact the board secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a large number of other funding organisations and details of these can be found in the Council's Funding Brochure or on the Fund View, Breakout and NZLive.com databases. Free access to these databases is available at all Selwyn District Council libraries (either at the library or remotely via the internet for library members with a card and PIN number).