Current location in the site
The plan change process
A plan change involves changes to an Operative District Plan. Council can initiate a plan change or an individual can request a private plan change.
An outline of how the plan change process works is as follows:
- The council publicly notifies the plan change by putting a notice in the newspaper, on the council website and/or by sending directly affected parties information in the mail. Members of the public are then able to make a written submission to the council supporting or opposing the proposed plan change.
- The council prepares a summary of all submissions received and makes them publicly available on this page. Members of the public can then make further submissions that either supports or oppose an original submission.
- If any submitter asks to be heard in support of their written submission, the council holds a hearing to consider the submissions and hear any evidence that supports them.
- Council then makes a decision on submissions and evidence presented at the hearing, informs the submitters of the outcome in a letter and in a public notice in the newspaper.
- Appeals to the decisions can be lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days. The proposed plan change becomes fully operative after the council has made its decision and all appeals, if there are any, have been resolved.
If you would like to request a private plan change, begin by speaking with the Duty Planner at Council's Headquarters in Rolleston, or speak to the Duty Planner phone (03) 347 2868 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Council Plan Changes:
Current Privately Requested Plan Changes:
Plan Change 48: Rezoning from Living 2A Deferred to Living 2 at land at corner of Creyke Road and Telegraph Road, Darfield. Hearing held on 28 February 2017. The hearing has been adjourned.
Plan Change 49: Rezoning from Rural Inner Plains to Living 3 (Rural Residential), Corner Lincoln Tai Tapu and Hauschilds Roads, Tai Tapu. Further submissions close 4 April 2017.
Plan Change 50: Fonterra Dairy Processing Management Area. Hearing held 22 March to 24 March 2017. The hearing has closed.
Operative Plan Changes
Once a proposed plan change has progressed through all the steps of the Resource Management Act process it can be made operative. That means the Plan Change becomes part of the District Plan.
Workers' Temporary Accommodation - Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA) Section 27 Notice
Variation 30: Development Contributions
Plan Change 2: Living 1A6 Zone, Prebbleton
Plan Change 3: Living West Melton Zone, West Melton
Plan Change 4: Living 1 Zone, Liffey Springs, Lincoln
Plan Change 5: Izone Industrial Business Park, Rolleston
Plan Change 6: Lower Port Hills and Summit Road Protection Area
Plan Change 7: Growth of Townships, Urban Development and Rezoning of Land in Lincoln and Rolleston
Plan Change 8: Selwyn Plantation Board, Rural Residential L3 zone (Holmes Block)
Plan Change 9: Selwyn Plantation Board, Rural Residential L3 zone (Skellerup Block)
Plan Change 10: Izone Industrial Business Park, Business 2A Zone, Rolleston
Plan Change 11: Living 1B (Deferred) Zone Outline Development Plan, Rolleston
Plan Change 12: Integrated Transport Management
Plan Change 13: Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections to the District Plan
Plan Change 18: Protected Trees
Plan Change 21: Prebbleton Growth Management - Incorporated in the Land Use Recovery Plan (LURP)
Plan Change 23: Christchurch International Airport - Noise Contours
Plan Change 24: Silverstream Estates Ltd, Cardale Street, Darfield
Plan Change 25: Porter Ski Area
Plan Change 26: Rakaia Huts Wahi Taonga Management Areas and Sites
Plan Change 28: Denwood Trustees, proposed Rural Residential (Living 3) zone, Lincoln
Plan Change 29: Design of Development in Business 1 Zones
Plan Change 30: West Melton B1 Zone
Plan Change 34: Roxburgh Property Developers, proposed Rural Outer Plains Zone change to Living 1, High Street, Southbridge
Plan Change 36: Conifer Grove subdivision, Prebbleton
Plan Change 41: Shands and Trents Roads subdivision
Plan Change 42: Temporary Activities
Plan Change 43: Synlait Expansion
Plan Change 44: Dreamtime Limited, proposed Rural Residential (Living 3) zone, Rolleston
Plan Change 46: Living 2A, Bangor Road, Darfield
Plan Change 47 : 631 Shands Road, Prebbleton
Plan Change 17: Rural Residential Activities (Living 4 Zone)
Plan Change 31: Darfield Integration Plan
Plan Change 32: Rural Residential (Replaced by LURP Action 18)
Plan Change 39: Tree Shading