Please read the Specific Conditions of the Vehicle Crossing Information Pack before making the application.
Please provide as much information as possible.
Your permit is valid for 12 months with your vehicle crossing to be completed within that period.
It is the property owner's responsibility to arrange and pay for the construction of a vehicle crossing.
The vehicle crossing must be formed to top course stage prior to the commencement of any building work.
Address of Proposed Vehicle Entrance
Please upload a sketch of the location, width of vehicle crossing and distances to the nearest vehicle crossings on the same side of the road. If more relevant (eg when adjacent vehicle crossings have yet to be formed) please show distance to neighbouring boundaries / nearest intersection if by corner.
Vehicle Crossing Inspections
- I will notify the Council two working days prior to excavation to confirm location and make arrangements for consequent inspections.
- Telephone (03) 347 2887
- I will construct a vehicle crossing (entranceway) that complies with any Resource Consent and meets Council specifications from the formed roadway to my property. Between the initial construction and final surfacing of the vehicle crossing, the crossing will be kept in good condition to allow for the safe passage of pedestrians.
- I note that stamped concrete, coloured concrete, cobbles and non-standard paving blocks are NOT permitted.
- I understand that all costs are the responsibility of the property owner and that a vehicle crossing that does not meet Council specifications will be upgraded at the property owner's cost.
- I understand that I will be responsible for the costs associated with any repair work required as a result of settlement or poor workmanship during a 24-month period of maintenance.
- If unapproved material is used (eg. concrete) Council will not take over the maintenance of the crossing and a note will be placed on the LIM of the property.
Please enter the letters shown below into the box (Why am I being asked to do this?)