Youth Project Fund
The Selwyn Youth Council has established a discretionary fund called the Selwyn Youth Project Fund. It is managed by the youth council, and funding is to provide support for groups or individuals whose events or activities contribute to the strengthening of youth wellbeing in Selwyn.
Members of the youth council will assess the applications and distribute the funds as they see appropriate.
Please carefully read the Selwyn Youth Project Fund Policy and Guidelines [PDF, 372 KB] before completing your application form [DOCX, 129 KB]. An accountability report template is also available to use to submit when funds received are used or within 12 months of receiving funding.
Applications are open year round with funding allocated in four rounds a year;
Round one – closing date - 28 February
Round two - closing date - 31 May
Round three - closing date - 31 August
Round four - closing date - 30 November
- Selwyn Youth Project Fund - Application Form [DOCX, 129 KB]
- Selwyn Youth Project Fund - Accountability Form [PDF, 118 KB]
For more information or any queries please email email@example.com
The Selwyn Youth Council provides funding to support groups and individuals whose projects, events or activities contribute to the strengthening of youth wellbeing in Selwyn.
- Governance and Administration All applications to the Selwyn Youth Project Fund are forwarded to the Selwyn Youth Council Treasurer and Selwyn District Council support staff who will prepare a report for consideration by youth council members at their monthly meeting.
- Funding Guidelines
It is acknowledged that this is a discretionary fund and should be treated as such by the Selwyn Youth Council when they are considering the merit of each application. The types of applications that will be considered include:
- Community groups based in or working for Selwyn district youth which are providing youth projects, events or activities in the district.
- Individuals based in or working for Selwyn district youth which are providing youth projects, events or activities in the district.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are limited to projects, events or activities within the Selwyn district or primarily benefiting the youth of Selwyn.
- A ‘Youth’ is defined as someone aged 12-24 years.
- The fund cannot be used in conjunction with any other Selwyn District Council funding.
- Applications can be received any time and will be considered by the Selwyn Youth Council at the following official meeting. Dates of the meeting can be found on the Selwyn Youth Council page via the Selwyn District Council website.
- Funding cannot be used for commercial events, salaries, prize money, retrospective costs or events with a primarily religious, fundraising or political purpose.
- Successful applicants must acknowledge the Selwyn Youth Council as a sponsor on promotional material associated with the event (Selwyn Youth Council must sign off use of their logo or referencing in material).
- Funding must be spent within a 12 month period from the date of allocation.
- Funding must be spent on the purpose for which it was allocated.
- Any unspent funds must be returned to the Selwyn Youth Council.
- An accountability report is due after the funds received are used or within 12 months of receiving funding. The report template can be found on Selwyn Youth Council webpage
Applications can be made online by completing the application form on the Selwyn Youth Council page via the Selwyn District Council’s website. Applications are to be scanned and emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org