Professional partnership programme (PPP)
In this section
This programme partners with industry professionals to fast track qualifying residential dwelling consents which are considered to have a low risk for Council receiving any claims.
Industry professional can be:
- designers and builders operating on their own, or
- building companies who apply for building consents with us.
Our aim is to:
- Speed up the consent process by standardising how information is presented to us
- Rely on experienced LBPs to comply with the Building Act and building code requirements by acknowledging the maturity of the Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) scheme
- Help the building sector continue to thrive and support population growth in Selwyn by processing consents that meet the application criteria faster* than applications not part of this programme.
Fast track applications must meet the following criteria:
- be a new build of R2 complexity (‘or less*), and
- a single detached dwelling, and
- located on fully serviced sites within subdivisions, and
- fully meet all district plan requirements, with no resource consent approvals needed from the territorial authority, and
- not need any approvals from the regional authority.
* ‘or less’ means R1 complexity buildings – eg
- unlined garages with no services,
- rural pole/portal sheds with no services, and
- solid fuel burners.
Note – not all your building consent applications may meet this criteria – so where they don’t you’ll need to continue to submit them as a standard application.
Benefits for you
- Time savings – we’ll focus on the higher risk elements of your application
- Cost savings over time if you continue to meet the criteria and expectations – see information under partner incentives
- We’ll identify you as an approved building partner on our website so customers can see who our partners are and select their designer/company on this basis if they want.
Today Homes Limited
Build by Design Limited
Classic Builders Christchurch Limited
Common Architecture + Interiors Ltd
Detail Consultancy Ltd
DINEX Limited (NDM Construction)
Endeavour Sheds Ltd
Grant Miles Architectural Design
JBH Draughting Ltd
JNF Construction (GJ Gardner Homes)
Kevler Homes Ltd / Kevler Architect
L & C Architecture Ltd
LMS Drafting and Design
NZ Panelised Building Systems T/A Concision
Peter Ray Homes
Tailored Homes Ltd