Professional partnership programme (PPP)
In this section
This programme partners with industry professionals to fast track qualifying residential dwelling consents which are considered to have a low risk for Council receiving any claims.
Industry professional can be:
- designers and builders operating on their own, or
- building companies who apply for building consents with us.
Our aim is to:
- Speed up the consent process by standardising how information is presented to us
- Rely on experienced LBPs to comply with the Building Act and building code requirements by acknowledging the maturity of the Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) scheme
- Help the building sector continue to thrive and support population growth in Selwyn by processing consents that meet the application criteria faster* than applications not part of this programme.
Fast track applications must meet the following criteria:
- be a new build of R2 complexity (‘or less*), and
- a single detached dwelling, and
- located on fully serviced sites within subdivisions, and
- fully meet all district plan requirements, with no resource consent approvals needed from the territorial authority, and
- not need any approvals from the regional authority.
* ‘or less’ means R1 complexity buildings – eg
- unlined garages with no services,
- rural pole/portal sheds with no services, and
- solid fuel burners.
Note – not all your building consent applications may meet this criteria – so where they don’t you’ll need to continue to submit them as a standard application.
Benefits for you
- Time savings – we’ll focus on the higher risk elements of your application
- Cost savings over time if you continue to meet the criteria and expectations – see information under partner incentives
- We’ll identify you as an approved building partner on our website so customers can see who our partners are and select their designer/company on this basis if they want.
Build by Design
Common Architecture and Interiors
Detail Consultancy Ltd
DINEX (NDM Construction)
Grant Miles Architectural Design
JBH Draughting Ltd
JNF Construction (GJ Gardner Homes)
Kevler Homes Ltd / Kevler Architect
L & C Architecture Ltd
LMS Drafting and Design
NZ Panelised Building Systems T/A Concision
Peter Ray Homes
Tailored Homes Ltd