How much does a building consent cost?
The cost of your Building Consent depends on the type of application, cost of work involved and the level of detail provided. Our charges are based on the length of time it takes to process an application and include costs such as:
- Levies payable to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (if applicable)
- Levies payable to BRANZ (if applicable)
- Levy to cover BCA accreditation costs
- Time spent processing the application
- Number of Inspections required (type and number vary depending on application)
- Issue of code compliance certificate
- Issue of compliance schedule (if applicable)
- Development contribution (if applicable)
- Printing costs for consent documents (if applicable)
An estimate of the fees involved may be provided, however the final cost will not be known until the application is processed. A further fee may apply if, during your build, an inspection failed and requires an additional inspection over and above the number included with your Building Consent. Refer Building Fees for more information.
Please note a cancellation fee may apply if you withdraw your application.