Inspections under Alert Level 2
We are taking inspection bookings for all inspections types, and will endeavour to deliver inspections to meet demand the best we can.
When booking your inspection
Please note the following
- all required documents must be uploaded in AlphaOne before the inspection – eg for a prewrap inspection you must have the asbuilt truss available in AlphaOne before you book your inspection
- your inspection is not confirmed until you receive the text message confirming your booking
- read our information on how to prepare for and book your inspections
- ensure your work is ready for inspection by 7.30am on the day of your inspection
- your building site must be set up in compliance with Covid-19 Alert Level 2 requirements (see links below for more information) - bookings will not be accepted for sites that do not meet this until they are compliant
- you will be asked the following questions when you book your inspection
- Is there anyone onsite that has been to Auckland in the last 14 days?
- Is anyone at your property unwell with flu-like symptoms?
- Is there anything else you think we should know for access to the property?
If you answer yes to any of the above, your details will be collected, however your inspection may be deferred depending on what the inspection is.
You can help the process for any final inspections by ensuring you have provided all required documents and lodged your code compliance certificate application.
Helping keep everyone safe – onsite expectations
To help keep you and our staff safe, our inspectors will only go on site if you meet the following conditions
- maintain 2m social distancing at all times
- no document handling on site – all required documents must be uploaded to the AlphaOne portal
- site register must be up to date and able to be filled in by the inspector.
Our inspection staff working in the field will be keeping a daily to record of which sites they have visited, who they have physically worked with and customer contacts. This information will be filed for any future contract tracing if needed.
The following information is available to help you operate safely under Alert Level 2
- New Zealand COVID-19 Construction Protocols – living document providing ‘how to’ guidance for New Zealand construction operations and will be kept updated by a working party of health and safety practitioners from across industry and can be adapted on a site by site basis
For more information we have put together a summary of services we can provide to you at each COVID-19 alert level.