Getting Ready For Inspections Under Covid 19 Protection Framework
We are taking inspection bookings for all inspections types, and will endeavour to deliver inspections to meet demand the best we can.
- Read our information below before booking your inspection
- Familiarise yourself with the latest New Zealand Covid 19 construction protocols from CHASNZ
- Be patient while we manage the workload and work with us to help keep Selwyn building going
- Look after yourselves, your people and our people on site
Before booking your inspection
- Your building site must be set up in compliance with the New Zealand Covid 19 construction protocols – inspections won’t be carried out on sites that don’t meet this until they comply
- Read our information on how to prepare for and book your inspections
- All required documents must be uploaded in AlphaOne portal before the inspection – eg for a prewrap inspection the as built truss document must be available in AlphaOne before you book.
- When booking on the inspection booking app please add under Notes for council on your booking:
- If the inspector requires a vaccine pass, or
- If no vaccine pass is required – what any additional controls are in place that the inspector needs to meet for your site.
Helping keep everyone safe – onsite expectations
To help keep you and our staff safe, our inspectors will only go on site if you meet the following conditions
- your QR code is handy (visible and easily accessible) for the inspector to scan as they get onsite (you are legally required to display an NZ Covid tracer QR code for each location)
- you can get one from the Ministry of Health website
- if no QR code is in place, no inspection will be carried out
- social distancing is maintained at all times
- no document handling on site – all required documents must be uploaded to the AlphaOne portal
- site register is up to date and able to be filled in by the inspector.