In this section
AlphaOne - Visit this site to find out more about the Online Consent System that we use to enhance our customer experience.
Barrier Free Advice Line - A phone number for accessibility advice for architects, engineers, designers, Councils and anyone else who needs it.
BeforeUdig - This site provides customers with one location to request plans from multiple agencies to locate underground pipes & cables in and around proposed excavation sites.
Building work that does not require a building consent - Guidance document from Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE)
EECA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority)
Environment Canterbury - The site has information on Resource Consents relating to discharge to land, air or water, for example, solid fuel heaters, septic tanks, etc.
Free Building Standards Available Online - Five Building Standards and a Handbook, are available to download online for free, courtesy of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE):
- NZS 4121:2001 Design for access and mobility: Buildings and associated facilities
- NZS 3902:2004 Housing, alterations and small buildings contract
- NZS 4218:2009 Thermal insulation - housing and small buildings
- NZS 4514:2009 Interconnected smoke alarms for houses
- NZS 8500:2006 Safety barriers and fences around swimming pools, spas and hot tubs
- SNZ HB 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings - Selected extracts from NZS 3604:2011
Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) - Building information (formerly Department of Building & Housing (DBH))
Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (Public register)
Smarter Homes (energy efficiency)