Plan Change 50 Fonterra Dairy Processing Management Area
Operative 16 August 2017
Fonterra Limited has lodged a private plan change request (PC50) with the Council. PC50 seeks to apply a Dairy Processing Management Area (DPMA) over the Fonterra Milk Processing Plant north of Darfield. The DPMA provisions were inserted into the plan through PC43 (Synlait) to recognise and provide for Dairy Milk Processing Plants. PC50 proposes to utilise the same provisions with some minor site specific changes with regard to landscaping and noise provisions and introduce a separate Outline Development Plan that represents the site in question.
The subject site is located to the eastern side of the West Coast Road (SH73) approximately 2.5km north of Darfield and is legally described as Lot 1 DP 456083.
Latest News 8 August 2017
A public notice was advertised on 8 August 2017 identifying that no appeals were received on PC 50 and that the provisions will become fully operative on 16 August 2017.
Council resolved at its meeting held on 14 June 2017 to accept the Commissioner's recommendation on Plan Change 50 as its formal decision. Council's decision to accept the request with notification, has been publicly notified, which provides an opportunity for submitters on Plan Change 50 to lodge an appeal
Update 7 April 2017
At the hearing, the Commissioner requested that the further information presented on behalf of Charlie and Sue Buttle (a submitter) be provided in writing. This was provided on 28 March 2017 (see further below). The applicant has now provided their submission in response.
Update 28 March 2017
At the hearing, the Commissioner requested that the further information presented on behalf of Charlie and Sue Buttle (a submitter) be provided in writing. This is provided below. The applicants response will follow in due course.
Update 14 March 2017
The Commissioner's Hearing Minute circulated on 31 January 2017 requested that expert evidence be pre-circulated at set times. The submitter's expert evidence was required on 14 March 2017 and is now available for viewing:
Synlait - Planning evidence of Nicola Rykers [PDF, 100 KB]
Charlie and Sue Buttle, Planning evidence of Liz Stewart [PDF, 6954 KB]
Charlie and Sue Buttle, Air quality evidence of Donovan Van Kekem [PDF, 3295 KB]
Update 8 March 2017
The Commissioner's Hearing Minute circulated on 31 January 2017 requested that expert evidence be pre-circulated at set times. Council made available its s42a report [PDF, 1811 KB] on 1 March 2017. The applicant's expert evidence is now available for viewing.
Evidence of Andrew Craig [PDF, 7907 KB]
Evidence of Brigid Buckley [PDF, 137 KB]
Evidence of Dean Chrystal [PDF, 790 KB]
Evidence of Mike Copeland [PDF, 236 KB]
Evidence of Richard Chilton [PDF, 322 KB]
Evidence of Rob Hay [PDF, 565 KB]
Evidence of Robert Blakelock [PDF, 106 KB]
Update 28 February 2017
As per the Commissioner's Hearing Minute, Council was required to make available its s42a report [PDF, 1811 KB] on 28 February 2017.
The applicants expert evidence is to be made available on the 8 March 2017 and the submitters expert evidence will follow on the 14 March 2017.
Update 1 February 2017
A hearing to consider the request for PC50 will be held on 22 March commencing at 1.00pm. March 23 and 24 have also been set aside for this hearing.
Further submissions on PC50 closed on 2 November at 5.00pm . No further submissions were received.
Submissions on PC50 closed on 27 September at 5.00pm. Six submissions were received and can be viewed below.
The submissions have been summarised and are open for further submission from 18 October 2016. Further submissions will close at 5pm on 2 November 2016. The public notice below explains that process further.
- Public Notice of Submissions [PDF, 153 KB] and call for further submissions
- Summary of Submissions [PDF, 46 KB]
- 01 Dean and Sian Jenkins [PDF, 304 KB]
- 02 Georgina M. Eaves [PDF, 422 KB]
- 03 Synlait Milk Ltd [PDF, 54 KB]
- 04 Te Ngai Tuahuriri Runanga [PDF, 266 KB]
- 05 Te Taumutu Runanga [PDF, 248 KB]
- 06 Charlie Buttle (The Bach Trust) and Charles and Susan Buttle [PDF, 543 KB]
30 August 2016
The request has been the subject of a Request for Further Information from the Council and has been formally amended under Clause 24, Schedule 1 to the Resource Management Act 1991. Council officers have concluded that all relevant information necessary to understand the request has been received. Council at its meeting on 24 August 2016 decided that the application is to be publicly notified. Closing date for submissions is 27 September at 5.00pm.
Further information request and response
The application has been amended as a result of the Request for Further Information. The current version of the request consists of the following:
- Full Application [PDF, 20223 KB] [PDF, 20223 KB]
- Application [PDF, 607 KB] [PDF, 607 KB]
- Appendix 1 - Certificate of titles [PDF, 458 KB] [PDF, 458 KB]
- Appendix 2 - Proposed Text changes to the Selwyn District Plan [PDF, 146 KB] [PDF, 146 KB]
- Appendix 3 - Proposed Outline Development Plan [PDF, 420 KB] [PDF, 420 KB]
- Appendix 4A and 4B - Landscape and Visual Assessment [PDF, 2070 KB] [PDF, 2070 KB]
- Appendix 5 - Transport Assessment [PDF, 240 KB] [PDF, 240 KB]
- Appendix 6 - Noise Assessment [PDF, 954 KB] [PDF, 954 KB]
- Appendix 6 - Noise Assessment (Appendix B) [PDF, 361 KB] [PDF, 361 KB]
- Appendix 7A and 7B - Cultural Impact Assessment and Fonterra's response [PDF, 9715 KB] [PDF, 9715 KB]
- Appendix 8 - Economic Assessment [PDF, 129 KB] [PDF, 129 KB]
- Appendix 9 - Letter from Central Plains Water re designation [PDF, 478 KB]
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Rhodes on 347-2824 or email email@example.com