In this section
- Operative Plan Changes
- Plan change request 61: rezone Rural Outer Plains to Business 2 & Living 1 Zones, east of Darfield
- Plan change request 62: rezone land on the western side of Leeston Township
- Plan change request 63: rezone 60 hectares of Rural Outer Plains, Darfield
- Plan change request 64: rezone land from Rural Inner Plains to Living Z, Faringdon
- Plan change request 66: Rezone 27.27 hectares of Rural Inner Plains to Business 2A Zone, Maddisons Road, Rolleston
- Plan change request 67: rezone approximately 33.4 hectares of Rural Zone, to Living WM South Zone, West Melton
- Plan change request 68: rezone 67.50 hectares of Rural Inner Plains land to Living Z, southwest Prebbleton
- Plan change request 69: rezone approximately 190 hectares of Rural Outer Plains to Living X, Living Z and Business 1 Zones, Lincoln
- Plan change request 70: rezone 63.326 hectares from Rural Inner Plains to Living Z, Faringdon Far West
- Plan change request 71: rezone 53.88 ha of Rural Inner Plains land to Living Z and Living Z (Deferred) as Rolleston ODP Area 5 and to amend Rolleston ODP Area 4, East Rolleston
- Plan change request 72: rezone 28.7 hectares of land from Rural Inner Plains to Living Z and Living 3, Prebbleton
- Plan change request 73: rezone approximately 160 hectares of Living 3 land to Living Z and Business 1, West Rolleston
- Plan change request 74: rezone 20.69 ha of Rural Inner Plains zoned land to Living West Melton, Halkett Road and West Coast Road, West Melton
- Plan change request 75: rezone approximately 24.7 hectares of Rural Inner Plains zoned land to Living Z, Rolleston
- Plan change request 76: rezone approximately 13 ha of Inner Plains land to Living Z, East Maddisons Road, Rolleston.
- Plan change request 77: rezone 50 ha land zoned Rural Inner Plains to Living Z and Living West Melton, Halkett Road and West Coast Road, West Melton
- Plan change request 78: rezone approximately 63.326 ha of land from Rural Inner Plains to Living Z, Selwyn and Lincoln Rolleston Rds, Rolleston
- Plan change request 79: rezone approximately 37ha of land from Rural (Inner Plains) to Living Z, Birchs Road, Prebbleton
About making a change to the Operative District Plan
A change to an Operative District Plan is a public process which requires research, evaluation and consultation. A plan change can be initiated by us, the Council, or by members of the public (private plan change).
Examples of possible plan changes include:
- Rezoning of land
- Addition of a building to the schedule of heritage buildings
- Amendments to rules
- Implementing Government directions
What does a plan change process look like?
The Resource Management Act outlines the plan change process that we are required to follow:
- A private plan change application needs to be reviewed by staff before it goes to Council for processing.
- Once processed the proposed plan change goes to the Council for decision on whether to adopt, accept, or reject the request, or convert the request to a resource consent.
- All applications that are accepted or opted as a proposed plan change are then publicly notified for consultation.
- The Council publicly notifies the proposed plan change by putting a notice in the newspaper, on the Council website and/or by sending directly affected parties information in the mail. Members of the public are then able to make a written submission to the Council supporting or opposing the proposed plan change.
- The Council prepares a summary of all submissions received and makes them publicly available on the Council website. Members of the public can then make further submissions that either support or oppose an original submission.
- If any submitter asks to be heard in support of their written submission, the Council holds a hearing to consider the submissions and hear any evidence that supports them.
- The Council then makes a decision on submissions and evidence presented at the hearing, informs the submitters of the outcome in a letter and in a public notice in the newspaper.
- Appeals to the decisions can be lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days of the Council making a decision. The proposed plan change becomes fully operative after the Council has made its decision and all appeals, if there are any, have been resolved.
If you would like to request a private plan change to the Operative District Plan, contact us on 0800 SELWYN (735 996) and request to speak with a planner from the Strategy and Policy team, or email us at email@example.com