In this section
- Operative Plan Changes
- Plan Change 59, Rezone West Melton Living 2 & 2A zoned land to Living WM South
- Plan Change 60, Rezone 17.9 hectares of Living Zone 2A to Living Zone 1, Kirwee
- Plan Change 61, Rezone Rural Outer Plains to Business 2 & Living 1 Zones, east of Darfield
- Plan Change 62, Rezone land on the western side of Leeston Township
- Plan Change 63, Rezone 60 hectares of Rural Outer Plains, Darfield
The plan change process
A plan change involves changes to an Operative District Plan. Council can initiate a plan change or an individual can request a private plan change.
An outline of how the plan change process works is as follows:
- The council publicly notifies the plan change by putting a notice in the newspaper, on the council website and/or by sending directly affected parties information in the mail. Members of the public are then able to make a written submission to the council supporting or opposing the proposed plan change.
- The council prepares a summary of all submissions received and makes them publicly available on this page. Members of the public can then make further submissions that either supports or oppose an original submission.
- If any submitter asks to be heard in support of their written submission, the council holds a hearing to consider the submissions and hear any evidence that supports them.
- Council then makes a decision on submissions and evidence presented at the hearing, informs the submitters of the outcome in a letter and in a public notice in the newspaper.
- Appeals to the decisions can be lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days. The proposed plan change becomes fully operative after the council has made its decision and all appeals, if there are any, have been resolved.
If you would like to request a private plan change, begin by speaking with the Duty Planner at Council's Headquarters in Rolleston, or speak to the Duty Planner phone (03) 347 2868 or email us at email@example.com
Current Council Plan Changes:
Current Privately Requested Plan Changes:
Plan Change 59 Rezone West Melton Living 2 & 2A Zoned land to Living WM South
Plan Change 60 Rezone 17.9 hectares of Living 2A zoned land to Living 1, Kirwee
Plan Change 61 Rezone Rural Outer Plains to Business 2 & Living 1 zones, east of Darfield
Plan Change 62 Rezone land on the western side of Leeston Township
Plan Change 63 Rezone approximately 60 hectares of Rural Outer Plains, Darfield