Plan Change 23 Airport Air Noise Contours
In this section
Operative as of 23 April 2011
Plan Change 23 replaces the existing 50 dBA and 55 dBA Christchurch International Airport noise contours with revised 50 dBA and 55 dBA airport noise contours. These revised noise contours were agreed to by a panel of experts who undertook a remodelling exercise in 2007 and have subsequently been included in the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement via the recently approved Proposed Change 1.
Plan Change 23 was notified concurrently with Plan Change 7 as there may be interrelationships between the location of the airport noise contours and the location for future urban growth. Both plan changes and the assessment of why they are needed can be read online below.
- Plan Change 7
- Plan Change 23 supporting documentation
- Summary of Submissions [PDF, 47 KB]
- Public Notice: Council Decision [PDF, 84 KB]
- Commissioners' Recommendation [PDF, 454 KB]
- Council Report [PDF, 74 KB]
- Officer's Report s42a [PDF, 110 KB]
For further information please contact the Duty Planner on phone (03) 347-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org