Plan Change 24 Silverstream
In this section
Operative 24 June 2013
Public Notice of approval [PDF, 178 KB] - No appeals have been received by the Environment Court on Plan Change 24, and it can now be made operative on 24 June 2013.
Plan Change 24 Approved
- Public Notice pending appeals [PDF, 60 KB] - PC24 has been approved by the Council. If submitters are unhappy with the Council's decision, they may appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
- The Commissioner's Recommendation [PDF, 139 KB] has been accepted by the Council.
- Amended District Plan Map 73 [PDF, 1195 KB] and Map 77 [PDF, 862 KB]
- Updated Outline Development Plan [PDF, 154 KB] as approved by Council.
Plan Change Hearing
Silverstream Estates Ltd have applied for a plan change to rezone existing Living 2A (Deferred) land in eastern Darfield to a mix of Living 1 and Living 2A zones. The site is boarded by Creyke, Telegraph and West Coast Roads. There is also access from Cardale Street.
Submissions and further submissions have been received and summarised.
- Late Submission [PDF, 59 KB] from K Curtis and Public Notice of application [PDF, 33 KB]
- Submissions and Summary of Submissions [PDF, 48 KB]
- Public Notice for Further Submissions [PDF, 64 KB]
At present, the District Plan requires both a water supply and the inclusion of an Outline Development Plan (ODP) within the District Plan to remove the current deferral of the land. The purpose of the Plan Change is to remove the deferral across the site as well as provide for the rezoning of the land, enabling more intensive residential development.
If provision of a water supply is not finalised by the time a decision on the Plan Change is made, the proposed Living 1 zoned land will remain deferred until there is provision of a water supply. As soon as a water supply is confirmed, the deferral will be removed via a Council resolution rather than a future plan change.
Currently there is no reticulated sewer system in Darfield. It is proposed that sewerage can be managed by either individual on-site sewage treatment systems or a sewer reticulation system installed using a transportable membrane bioreactor (MBR) system with adjacent disposal field.
For further information regarding this plan change or the process outlined above, please contact the Duty Planner on 03 347-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org