Plan Change 25 Porter Heights Ski Area Rezoning
In this section
Operative as of 5 December 2012
Porter Ski Area Limited - Requests to rezone Rural (High Country) land to a proposed Ski-Area Sub Zone at and adjoining the Porters Ski Field in the Craigieburn Mountain Range.
- Public Notice [PDF, 34 KB] of Operative Plan Change 19 October 2012 - in Appeal Period
- Consent Order [PDF, 498 KB]
- The Commissioner's Decision [PDF, 4405 KB] with amendments was adopted by Selwyn District Council on Wednesday 14 March 2012.
- The Officers' 42a Hearing reports [PDF, 232 KB] are available now
- Hearing 11-15 and 18-22 July 2011 (joint hearing with ECan 9.30 to 5.00pm at Wigram Manor, 14 Wigram Drive, Sockburn)
- Photo Montages
- Council has accepted a late submission from Castle Hill Station. Further submissions closed on 14 January 2011.
- Summary of Castle Hill Station's late Submission [PDF, 49 KB]
- Late Submission [PDF, 333 KB] of Castle Hill Station
- Summary of Submissions [PDF, 575 KB]
- List of Submissions
The application for Plan Change 25 was publicly notified on Saturday 21 August 2010.
Plan Change 25 seeks to incorporate new planning maps, objectives, policies, rules and related provisions into the District Plan to facilitate ski field activities and an on mountain village.
Plan Change 25 seeks to rezone 616 hectares of existing Rural (High Country) zoned land to a Ski-Area Sub zone.
The area relating to Plan Change is also an area Outstanding Natural Landscape which Plan Change 25 seeks to remove.
The Plan Change will provide an expansion of the Ski-Area into Crystal Valley, ski facilities, hotel and visitor accommodation buildings, chalets and dwellings, a village centre and an on mountain café/day lodge.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact the Duty Planner on phone 347 2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org