The Public Notice advising adoption of Commissioner's Decision was notified in the Council Call publication of the Selwyn Times and Central Canterbury News on the 8th and 9th November 2011.
Plan Changes 8 and 9 (PC 8 and 9) rezone Rural Outer Plains land to Living 3 (Rural Residential) in two separate locations on the south-western periphery of Rolleston.
The main features of PC 8 and 9 are:
- To rezone 92ha (known as the Holmes Block) and a further 72ha (known as the Skellerup Block) located to the south-west of Rolleston on Dunns Crossing Road to a Living 3 Zone to facilitate future rural residential living activities;
- Incorporates planning maps, objectives, policies, rules and related provisions to accommodate approximately 148 allotments that accord with the Living 3 Zone framework;
- An Outline Development Plan (ODP) to coordinate and guide the future development of the two sites;
- Landscape mitigation, reverse sensitivity setbacks (with the State Highway, Tegal Foods, East Selwyn Sewer Scheme and the Rolleston Resource Recovery Park), community reserves, public walkways and road access points onto Dunns Crossing and Burnham School Roads
An Independent Commissioner heard the submissions on PC 8 and 9 in the first week of May 2011. Council resolved at its meeting on the 26th October 2011 to ratify the Commissioners recommendation as its decision, which can be read at any of the Council’s service centres and public libraries in Darfield, Leeston, Lincoln and Rolleston or online below:
- The Council Decision/Commissioners Recommendation [PDF, 800 KB], including the report, amended Rules, Schedule of Recommended Decisions on each submission.
- The Planning Maps:
- The Outline Development Plan PC8 [PDF, 90 KB] and Outline Development Plan PC9 [PDF, 140 KB]
- Public Notice [PDF, 89 KB]
- Previous Information in regards to PC 8 and 9