Need Help?

A man in yellow high vis jacket conducting a welfare check on a houseIf you need help with your flood damaged home or feel you have been adversely affected by the recent weather event and need assistance our Civil Defence Welfare team are here to help.

Please give us a call on 0800 SELWYN (735 996) or email and we will assist or connect you with the appropriate agency.

There are also funds and support available through government and private agencies and via the Council's Mayoral Relief Fund.

Mayoral Relief Fund

Selwyn residents who suffered hardship or damage to their property during the May 2021 severe flooding event can apply to the Council for financial support.

The Mayoral Relief Fund is available for Selwyn residents who have not been able to access other support such as insurance or government funding.

A funds allocation panel, including Mayor Sam Broughton and Selwyn Recovery Manager Al Lawn, will assess the applications and allocate funding. The fund will close once the total has been allocated. You can find out more or apply on the Mayoral Relief Fund page.

You can also find out about what support and assistance is available from other agencies through the Canterbury Civil Defence flood support page.

Selwyn District Council Civil Defence Welfare team

Contact us on 0800 SELWYN (0800 735 996) or