In this section
The Council and Community Board Discretionary Funding
Each year the Selwyn District Council allocate discretionary funds to:
- Malvern Community Board - 2018/19 year $14,000
- Springs Discretionary Fund Committee - 2018/19 year $23,000
- Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committee - 2018/19 year $15,000
- Selwyn Central Fund Committee - 2018/19 year $29,000
The Springs and Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committee and the Selwyn Central Discretionary Fund Committee meet each month directly following the Council meeting.
What is funded
- Community groups based in or working for Selwyn District.
- Personal growth and development for individuals who are contributing to community wellbeing in Selwyn.
- Capacity building and development for Selwyn-based community organisations.
- Representation at events both individuals and teams.
- Seed funding for special events or projects.
- School projects which are outside Ministry of Education curriculum activities.
- Church programmes/activities which include the wider community.
Who can apply
- Non-profit community organisations based in or working in Selwyn and delivering services/activities in Selwyn
- Selwyn residents
How much are the grants?
Most grants are between $500 and $1,500 although this is at the discretion of the relevant Community Board or Discretionary Committees.
We are a complementary rather than a primary funder, priority is given to organisations or individuals who have sought other sources of funding.
Funding will not be provided in consecutive financial years under the funding policies of the Springs and Ellesmere Discretionary Fund Committee and Selwyn Central Discretionary Fund Committee.
Please read the Funding Guidelines [PDF, 63 KB].
In terms of Malvern Community Board, priority will be given to applicants who have not received funding in the previous financial year.
For assistance or further information on funding/grants please contact the Accounts Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a large number of other funding organisations and details of these can be found in the Council's Funding Brochure or on the GiveMe, GiveUs, and NZLive.com databases. Free access to these databases is available at Selwyn District Libraries (either at the library or remotely via the internet for library members with a card and PIN).