Intersection Driving Tips
- Always stop at Stop signs - a full stop!
- At all Stop signs please look in all directions, ahead, behind, both sides and then only proceed when you can do so safely.
- At Give Way signs, slow down and look in all directions, ahead, behind and both sides and then only proceed when you can do so safely.
- Be aware of how fast traffic is going, particularly when entering a 100km/h road.
- Don’t pass vehicles whilst passing an intersection.
- Be aware of the give way rules for controlled and uncontrolled intersections.
- When turning indicate your intentions early.
- Know your give way rules.
Intersections are one of the most common type of crashes in Selwyn District. Poor observation, judgement and failure to stop or give way are the top contributing factors.Always take another look at intersections!