The Education Centre would be predominantly focused on waste related education, but inevitably overlapping with wider sustainable living aspects.
- Utilising a refurbished, relocated double classroom block. One room would be hard floored for dirtier activities, and the other room carpeted for sitting, reading, watching, listening.
- Interactive hands-on activities
- Open 7 days. Group visits predominantly during the week. But also open to the general public to wander through when not booked.
- Site based educator doing a combination of onsite tours and sessions with groups, as well as ‘out-reach’ activities with groups and schools.
- Linkage to the garden hub
- Use of rooms for:
- Video screening nights
- Public meeting spaces
- Repair cafes