Please find below the list of urgent notices:
- There is no current urgent notice issued
- March 19, 2019: Kirwee water scheme- E.coli alert. Boil water notice - Read our Media release
- February 15, 2019 - Hororata Water Supply [PDF, 1722 KB] - Properties on Hororata water supply are asked to conserve water from Monday 18 February to Sunday 24 February.
About Boil Water Notices
We understand that a boil water notice is inconvenient however, protecting our residents from health risks is our priority.
When a boil water notice is issued, affected people should continue to boil their water (for at least one minute) until advised the water is safe again.
- When contamination occurs in our reticulated network, we first issue a Boil Water Notice to affected residents via different channels:
- Letter drops to residents
- E-text or email sent to all affected rates payers who have registered these details with us
- Community reach via Selwyn Gets Ready network - you can subscribe to these alerts.
- Media release which goes to all media outlets plus CDHB, elected members, etc.
- News story posted on Council website
- Facebook post