In this section
Emergency Boil Water Notices
For advice on what to do when a Boil Water Notice has been issued in your area, visit our Boil Water Notices page
Temporary chlorination of Dunsandel water supply
Precautionary low-dose chlorine treatment has been added to the Dunsandel water supply and will remain in place and be reviewed in mid February.
This treatment is to ensure the safety of the water supply after total coliforms were detected within the system during routine testing. The low-dose chlorine treatment is precautionary only, and no E.coli has been detected within the water supply. Residents do not need to boil water.
- During an emergency water shutdown, our contractor may not have time to door-knock as they want to give all their attention to getting water restored as soon as possible. We understand that this can be inconvenient, but rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to restore your water supply.
- Before a planned water shutdown occurs, our contractor organise a letter drop to all affected properties at least 48 hours before the water is shut down. They will work as quickly as possible to restore your water supply.
|14 January 2020||Glentunnel and Coalgate, Whole Townships||Emergency Shutdown||11am - 2pm|
Other urgent notices
|27 January 2020||The Hartleys Water Supply Scheme is experiencing exceptionally high demand, particularly in the Townships of Coalgate, Glentunnel and Whitecliffs and supplies are running low. Please conserve water on your premises.||Conserve Water|
- 07 January 2020: Dunsandel - Council is planning to undertake temporary but low-dose chlorination of the Dunsandel water supply scheme following the detection of Total Coliforms within the system.
- 10 January 2020: Kirwee, 2-14 Ansons Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 07 January 2020: Darfield, 1 McMillan Street – 58-62 South Terrace, Emergency Shutdown
- 07 January 2020: Rolleston, 26 – 40 Fairhurst Way, Emergency Shutdown
- 20 December 2019: Sheffield, 22 – 2 Frasers Rd, 316 Barrs Road, 2282 Tramway Rd, Emergency Shutdown
- 19 December 2019: West Melton, Laird Pl, Westview Cres, Weedons Ross Rd, Iris Taylor Ave, Elizabeth Allen Drive, Lynley Dr, Wilfield Dr, Emergency Shutdown
- 19 December 2019: West Melton, Preston Downs, Emergency Shutdown
- 18 December 2019: Prebbleton, Blakes Road, Planned Shutown
- 16 December 2019: Darfield, Kimberley Rd from Auchenflower Rd down to Homebush Rd, Emergency Shutdown
- 13 December 2019: West Melton, Weedons Ross Rd, Laird Pl, Brinsworth Ave, Westview Cres, Emergency Shutdown
- 12 December 2019: Rolleston, Moore Street, Shelley Street, Wordsworth Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 10 December 2019: Rolleston, Moore Street
- 09 December 2019: Darfield, Churchlea Place, Emergency Shutdown
- 06 December 2019: Doyleston, Petticoat Lane between King and Queen Streets, King Street and Drain road from King to Queen Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 06 December 2019: Darfield, McIlraith Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 05 December 2019: Castle Hill: Porter Place and Frizzell Court, Emergency Shutdown
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston 31-43 Tennyson Street, 2&4 Moore Street
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston, Stoneleigh Drive 31-43, Emergency Shutdown
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston, Goulds Road, Charles Major Road, Planned Shutdown