In this section
Emergency Boil Water Notices
There are no boil water notices in place at this time.
Temporary chlorination of West Melton water supply
21 April: A precautionary low-dose chlorine treatment is being temporarily added to the West Melton water supply as background total coliforms were detected within a reservoir during routine testing. The low-dose chlorine treatment is precautionary only, and no E.coli has been detected within the water supply. We are currently assessing the COVID-19 restrictions and what impact this has on undertaking remedial works. As soon as is safely practicable to do so, investigation and remediation works will be undertaken. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Residents do not need to boil water.
Temporary chlorination of Dunsandel water supply
21 April: As a precautionary measure low-dose chlorination will be continued on the Dunsandel water supply. We are currently assessing the COVID-19 restrictions and what impact this has on undertaking remedial works to the Dunsandel reservoir. As soon as is safe and practicable to do so, investigation and remediation works will continue. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Residents do not need to boil water.
- During an emergency water shutdown, our contractor may not have time to door-knock as they want to give all their attention to getting water restored as soon as possible. We understand that this can be inconvenient, but rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to restore your water supply.
- Before a planned water shutdown occurs, our contractor organise a letter drop to all affected properties at least 48 hours before the water is shut down. They will work as quickly as possible to restore your water supply.
|8 July 2020||The Claremont Water Supply Scheme will not have water between the hours of 9am -3pm due to the upgrade works at the Claremont water supply site.||Water Off||9am-3pm|
Other urgent notices
|9 July 2020|
The Southbridge Water Supply will be disrupted as we carry out upgrades to the Southbridge Water Treatment Plant.
During this work all properties connected to the Southbridge Water Supply will need to conserve water in order to avoid any risks of water shortages.
|Conserve Water||6-8 hours|
- 26 - 27 February 2020: Springston, Conserve Water
- 11 - 12 February 2020: Tai Tapu, Conserve Water
- 4 February 2020: Malvern Hills Dalethorpe, Outages and Interruptions
- 27 January 2020: Hartleys Water Supply Scheme, Conserve Water
- 14 January 2020: Glentunnel and Coalgate, Emergency Shutdown
- 07 January 2020: Dunsandel - Council is planning to undertake temporary but low-dose chlorination of the Dunsandel water supply scheme following the detection of Total Coliforms within the system.
- 10 January 2020: Kirwee, 2-14 Ansons Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 07 January 2020: Darfield, 1 McMillan Street – 58-62 South Terrace, Emergency Shutdown
- 07 January 2020: Rolleston, 26 – 40 Fairhurst Way, Emergency Shutdown
- 20 December 2019: Sheffield, 22 – 2 Frasers Rd, 316 Barrs Road, 2282 Tramway Rd, Emergency Shutdown
- 19 December 2019: West Melton, Laird Pl, Westview Cres, Weedons Ross Rd, Iris Taylor Ave, Elizabeth Allen Drive, Lynley Dr, Wilfield Dr, Emergency Shutdown
- 19 December 2019: West Melton, Preston Downs, Emergency Shutdown
- 18 December 2019: Prebbleton, Blakes Road, Planned Shutown
- 16 December 2019: Darfield, Kimberley Rd from Auchenflower Rd down to Homebush Rd, Emergency Shutdown
- 13 December 2019: West Melton, Weedons Ross Rd, Laird Pl, Brinsworth Ave, Westview Cres, Emergency Shutdown
- 12 December 2019: Rolleston, Moore Street, Shelley Street, Wordsworth Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 10 December 2019: Rolleston, Moore Street
- 09 December 2019: Darfield, Churchlea Place, Emergency Shutdown
- 06 December 2019: Doyleston, Petticoat Lane between King and Queen Streets, King Street and Drain road from King to Queen Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 06 December 2019: Darfield, McIlraith Street, Emergency Shutdown
- 05 December 2019: Castle Hill: Porter Place and Frizzell Court, Emergency Shutdown
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston 31-43 Tennyson Street, 2&4 Moore Street
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston, Stoneleigh Drive 31-43, Emergency Shutdown
- 02 December 2019: Rolleston, Goulds Road, Charles Major Road, Planned Shutdown