Boil Water Notices
What to do when a Boil Water Notice is issued in your area?
We understand that a boil water notice is inconvenient however, protecting our residents from health risks is our priority.
When a boil water notice is issued, affected people should continue to boil their water (for at least one minute) until advised the water is safe again.
The Boil Water Notice process:
- When contamination occurs in our reticulated network, we first issue a Boil Water Notice to affected residents via different channels:
- Letter drops to residents
- E-text or email sent to all affected rates payers who have registered these details with us
- Community reach via Selwyn Gets Ready network - you can subscribe to these alerts.
- Media release which goes to all media outlets plus CDHB, elected members, etc.
- News story posted on Council website
- Facebook post