In addition to the projects outlined above, the Council is continuing to invest in services, facilities and infrastructure, upgrades, renewals and community projects in local areas throughout the district in 2019/20. Some of these projects are shown below (note: this is not a complete list).
- Water quality upgrades – Osborne’s Drain ($100,000)
- Leeston water supply – UV treatment upgrade ($384,000)
- Leeston, Doyleston and Southbridge wastewater pipeline upgrades ($650,000)
- Leeston Library and Medical Centre – roof replacement ($312,600). This project is being brought forward from 2020/21.
- Flood protection works in Leeston, Doyleston and Southbridge ($314,000)
- Dunsandel tennis court replacement – realign/resurface two courts ($232,000)
- Osborne Park traffic bridge replacement $80,000 – brought forward from 2023/24 due to urgency of work.
- Playground upgrade at Kirwee Reserve ($76,500) – this project is being brought forward from 2022/23 to coincide with other planned development works.
- Darfield Pool – filters, plant and tank upgrade ($251,350)
- A recycle station at Castle Hill (similar to Arthur’s Pass recycle stations) is expected to be installed and operational during the 2019/20 summer.
- Springfield water treatment upgrade Stage 2 ($600,000)
- Malvern Hills Water supply renewals ($900,000)
- Hororata Acheron water supply – increased storage capacity ($460,000)
- Kirwee water supply – increased bore capacity ($827,000)
- Darfield water supply treatment upgrade – UV ($380,000)
- Malvern water race renewals.
Selwyn Central ward
- Rolleston water supply extension ($700,000)
- Eastern Selwyn Sewerage Scheme (ESSS) pump station capacity ($2 million)
- Rolleston water source improvements ($250,000)
- Rolleston – Goulds Rd/Lowes Rd reserve development ($102,500)
- West Melton Domain extension development ($154,200)
- New neighbourhood reserves development ($272,900).
- Water quality upgrades, Osborne’s Drain – wetland construction ($100,000)
- Prebbleton water reservoir ($2 million) and UV water treatment upgrade ($380,000)
- Lincoln Domain playing field lighting – providing an additional $130,000 to complete this project.
- Development of a pump track at Prebbleton ($325,000) – this will be brought forward from 2020/21 to align with car park development at Prebbleton Domain.
- Development of new passive reserve in Lincoln – L1 esplanade reserve development ($175,000)
- Lincoln to Tai Tapu cycle connection – improvements within existing road environment ($100,000)
- Springston water supply – UV treatment ($234,000)