Consultation and Submissions
Consultation on the Long-Term Plan 2018-2028
Consultation on the Long-Term Plan 2018-2028 was undertaken by the Council in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 2002.
The Consultation Document, Fast Forward ’28 [PDF, 2109 KB], was released for public consultation on 4 April 2018, and consultation was open until 4 May 2018. A Summary of the Consultation Document [PDF, 317 KB] was also published in the Selwyn Times and distributed at consultation events.
A total of 436 formal submissions on the LTP were received, and around 115 submitters presented their submissions in person. Public hearings of submissions were held at the Council offices in Rolleston from Tuesday 22 to Thursday 24 May 2018.
The Long-Term Plan 2018-2028 was formally adopted by the Council at an extraordinary meeting on 20 June 2018.
Submission documents for submitters presenting in person (very large to download):
- Submissions to be heard Tuesday 22 May (Part A) [PDF, 16846 KB]
- Submissions to be heard Tuesday 22 May (Part B) [PDF, 28097 KB]
- Submissions to be heard Wednesday 23 May [PDF, 37970 KB]
- Submissions to be heard Thursday 24 May [PDF, 44460 KB]
- Booklet one [PDF, 26987 KB]
- Booklet two [PDF, 21079 KB]
- Booklet three [PDF, 20847 KB]
- Booklet four [PDF, 25441 KB]
- Booklet five [PDF, 19624 KB]
- Booklet six [PDF, 281 KB] - late submissions
Staff comments on submissions
These documents contain comments from Council staff on submissions, collated in order of submission number.