Conditions of this Authority
1. The Initiator:
- a). Has agreed to give written notice of the net amount of each direct
debit and the due date of debiting at
least 10 calendar days before (but not more than 2 calendar months) the
date the direct debit will be initiated.
The advance notice will contain the following message:
“Unless advice to the contrary is received from you by (date1), the amount of $_________ will be directly debited to your bank account on the (initiating date).”
1The date will be at least two days prior to the due date to allow for amendment of direct debits.
- b). May, upon the relationship which gave rise to this authority being terminated, give notice to the Bank that no further direct debits are to be initiated under the Authority. Upon receipt of such notice the Bank may terminate this authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
2. The Customer may:
- a) At any time, terminate this authority as to future payments by giving written notice of termination to the Bank and the initiator.
- b) Stop payment of any direct debit to be initiated under this authority by the Initiator by giving written notice to the Bank prior to the direct debit being paid by the Bank.
3. The Customer acknowledges that:
- a) This authority will remain in full force and effect in respect of all direct debits made from my/our account in good faith notwithstanding my/our death, bankruptcy, or other revocation of this authority until actual notice of such event is received by the Bank.
- b) In any event this authority is subject to any arrangement now or hereafter existing between me/us and the Bank in relation to my/our account.
- c) Any dispute as to the correctness or validity of an amount debited to my/our account shall not be the concern of the Bank, except in so far as the direct debit has not been paid in accordance with this authority. Any other disputes lie between me/us and the Initiator.
Where the bank has user reasonable care and skill in acting in
accordance with this authority, the Bank accepts no responsibility or liability
in respect of:
- the accuracy of information about Direct Debits on Bank Statements
- any variations between notices given by the Initiator and the amounts of the Direct Debits.
- e) The Bank is not responsible for, or under any liability in respect of the Initiator’s failure to give written advance notice correctly nor the non-receipt or late receipt of notice by me/us for any reason whatsoever.
In any such situation the dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
4. The Bank may:
- a) In its absolute discretion conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other authority, cheque or draft properly executed by me/us and given or drawn on the Bank.
- b) At any time terminate this authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
- c) Charge its current fees for this service in force from time-to-time.