In this section
COVID-19 Orange traffic light setting
From Thursday 14 April the Council operates at the Orange setting of the national traffic lights.
At Orange setting face masks are still required in all Council facilities, except swimming pools. For more detail on our operations at Orange check
Council services during COVID-19 outbreak
We are regularly reviewing our services to ensure we respond to any community outbreak in Selwyn and the latest Government COVID-19 requirements, while maintaining services to the community.
Our facilities and services are open and operating as normal and we are working hard to keep them that way. However, as Omicron continues to affect our communities, it affects our staff as well. This means our services may change at short notice.
Changes to our services could include:
- Some facilities may temporarily be closed due to a shortage of staff.
- Some facilities may temporarily reduce their hours of operation due to a shortage of staff.
- Some services, programmes or events may be cancelled.
- Some venue bookings may need to be relocated to alternative sites.
- Some services may take longer to deliver due to logistical challenges.
What to know before visiting us
- Please stay at home and away from all of our facilities if you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell.
- You must wear a face mask.
- Please maintain one-metre physical distancing from others, where possible.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser.
RAT collection site in Rolleston
A community Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) pick-up point is open in Rolleston at the Toka Hapāi Selwyn Health Hub on Norman Kirk Drive.
The collection centre is open 1-5pm, Monday to Friday. With car parking available on site, people are asked to park and walk up and collect their pre-ordered RATs from the marquee.
For those in rural areas the Council has worked with the Canterbury District Health Board and our Civil Defence Community Response Teams to set up 19 distribution points in rural and remote areas with team members arranging contactless delivery or pick up for people in their area who need them.
These include: Arthur’s Pass, Castle Hill, Lake Coleridge, Springfield, Sheffield, Waddington, Whitecliffs, Glentunnel, Coalgate, Dunsandel township, Kaianga/Dunsandel, Bankside, Southbridge, Rakaia Huts, Lakeside, Brookside/Irwell, Selwyn Huts, Greenpark, Motukarara.
For more information on accessing a test in these areas, contact your local Civil Defence Community Response Team or email the Council Civil Defence Team on email@example.com.
There are now more than 40 pharmacies and medical centres across Canterbury acting as RAT collection sites. You can see the full list here https://www.cdhb.health.nz/your-health/covid-19-tests/.
To pre-order your RATs, please go to https://requestrats.covid19.health.nz/ or call 0800 222 478.