In this section
Results from our 2019 survey of residents' satisfaction with Council services and facilities
- 2018 Survey
- 2017 Survey
2016 Residents Survey results and summary
Results from our 2015 survey of residents' satisfaction with Council services and facilities
Results from our 2014 survey of residents' satisfaction with Council services and facilities
Results from our 2013 survey of residents' satisfaction with Council services and facilities
- 2020 Survey
Residents Survey 2021
Results from our annual survey of residents' satisfaction with Council services and facilities
Residents Survey 2021
The Council carries out a Residents Opinion Survey each year, to seek feedback from residents on their satisfaction with services like water supplies, roads, community facilities and rubbish collection.
The survey helps us to hear community views on how we’re performing, and helps inform our planning processes and service delivery.
The 2021 survey was carried out by independent research agency Research First over a two-week period during July. A total of 404 respondents, sourced through random telephone sampling, were surveyed using a mix of telephone, mobile phone and online channels to ensure a statistically representative sample. The online survey was also promoted through social media, with the aim of canvassing the views of younger residents. A total of 240 residents completed the survey via this method. As this is not a statistically representative sample, these results are reported separately from the main survey.
- 69% of residents rated the Council’s overall performance as good or very good, an increase of 6% from 2020.
- 92% of respondents agree “Selwyn is a good place to live” (the same as in 2020)
- 88% of users are satisfied with sewerage and wastewater services, and 73% satisfied with water supply.
- 61% of residents are satisfied with footpaths, up from 52% last year, and 50% satisfied with cycleways
- 93% of users are satisfied with rubbish collection, and 88% satisfied with organic collection
- 90% of users are satisfied with playgrounds and 88% satisfied with libraries
Other services rated highly by users included parks and reserves (87%), recycling (85%), and Council-operated swimming pools (82%), while the Pines Resource Recovery Park was rated good or very good by 85% of people who had used the facility.
Community facilities continue to be well used and enjoyed by residents. Public halls have been used at least once in the past year by 76% of respondents, while 85% have visited a park or reserve and 63% have used the public library network.
In questions about customers’ experience in interacting with the Council, 80% of customers found it easy or very easy to deal with the Council.