Any notifications of Road Stopping Notices will be posted here

Road Stopping Notices

Council occasionally receives requests to stop sections of legal road.   Legal road includes sections of unformed roads, more commonly referred to as paper roads.   Parcels of land were set aside for future road and in some instances are not required.  Many of these roads adjoin or pass through privately owned land.

Council follows the Road Stopping process as set out in the Local Government Act 1974 under the Tenth Schedule and must comply with appropriate Council Policies. In certain circumstances the Public Works Act 1981 can also be used to stop roads.

When a request has reached the stage for Public Notification, an advertisement will be placed in the Council Call or Public Notices section of the local newspapers.

For further information email