Recycling is collected fortnightly in 240 litre yellow lid wheelie bins and is a compulsory charge for households on the collection route. Householders who do not live on the collection route but would like to participate in the recycling collection can opt to order two black recycling crates which can be transported to a collection point.
There is a 60kg weight restriction on the bin. If your bin is too heavy it may be tagged by the contractor with a note informing you why it was not emptied.
- Find out about recycling collection fees and charges
- What can/cannot go in your recycling bin? [PDF, 523 KB]
- Normal collection days and routes
- What do the Plastic Identification [PDF, 401 KB] codes mean?
- Download our Guide to Selwyn's Kerbside Collection Service [PDF, 3423 KB]
|Where to place your bin||How to use your bin|