Changes to Your Application
Changing the contact details on your consent
If you need to change or update the contact details for yourself or your tradespeople on your consent you can
- change your details via the front portal if you applied using our online system, or
- email email@example.com with the consent number in the subject line and the new contact details in the email, or
- call the Building Advisory team on 0800 SELWYN (735 996)
Draughting or specification changes
We know that plans and products can change along the way. Before your building consent is issued you can make changes to your plans and specifications.
If you want to make changes
- you need to submit these via incoming documents in AlphaOne
- clearly mark your changes with a cloud and a clear description of what has changed
- include any relevant supporting information.
By using the above process the building control officer processing your application can easily identify what you’ve changed, and take your changes into consideration while they are processing your application.
Putting your consent on hold
If for any reason you need to put your consent on hold, this can be done. You may want to do this where for example
- your project has come in over budget and needs to be redesigned, or
- circumstances have changed.
Contact us to discuss your circumstances. Each request to put a consent on hold is considered on a case by case basis. Depending on your situation
- we may be able to put your current application on hold pending the new information, or
- you may need to withdraw your application and submit a new application when you’re ready to proceed again.