Refusal of Your Application
There are times when your application may be refused, and we are unable to grant you a building consent. If this is the case you’ll be provided with a written reason why your consent has been refused.
Application refusal can be for any number of reasons, including but not limited to
- starting building work before your consent has been granted
- non compliance with the relevant sections of the building code
- there is ban on a building product or method you intend to use
- responses to requests for further information are not provided within a reasonable time frame
- an extended time of no communication with you
- other circumstances/issues identified by us.
If your consent has been refused you’ll still need to pay the building consent fees for the time and costs involved in processing your consent.