Selwyn Aquatic Centre
In this section
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Common questions about the Selwyn Aquatic Centre, and their answers
A range of group fitness classes at the aquatic centre. Check out our timetable, class descriptions and book into a class online.
Selwyn Swim School
Register for swimming lessons, information on the different programmes available, term dates and other helpful links.
- Sign up or Buy a Concession or Membership
Open 6am–9pm Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
71 Broadlands Drive, Rolleston
Orange traffic light setting:
Please see below for more details on how we are operating in the traffic light system: orange
- Compulsory vaccine passport scan upon entry to our facility for anyone 12 years 3 months and over
- Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing of 1m when not in the pool
- Individual bookings are no longer required
- The leisure and toddler pools are open for public recreational swimming other than 3-7pm weekdays and before 1pm on weekends. This is due to our swim school programme and pool space issues while our original pool is under construction.
- Aqua Fitness is running at full class capacities again, booking is still highly recommended. Please book by calling us on 03 347 2734 or book online.
- Specific Learn to Swim lesson information has been sent directly to your email.
- Please follow staff directions when onsite, to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon,
The Selwyn Aquatic Centre Team
To find out when is the best time to come for lane swimming, check our weekly pool lane availability links below. Please note that the hydrotherapy pool is closed to public during Hydro Tone and Hydro Health classes. These classes can be found on our Aqua Fitness timetable and show unavailable on the link below.
Original 25m pool- unavailable due to maintenance
Hydrotherapy pool availability Adults only sessions: 1-3pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 4-8pm in the weekends.
The Centre has five pools:
- New Pool - 25m pool with ten lanes, 1.4m to 2m deep and ramp access available (27.5 degrees)
- Programme pool - under construction. 20m pool with ten lanes, 0.9m to 1.6m. (31 degrees)
- Hydrotherapy pool - 1.2m to 1.8m deep, ramp access available with attached spa (35 degrees, spa 36 degrees)
- Learn to swim pool - .65m to .90m (32 degrees)
- Leisure pool with a lazy river and toddlers area attached (32 degrees)
There are different concession and membership options available. Application forms to set up your account are available to complete at our front reception, terms and conditions apply.
Pool Alone Policy
As per Water Safety NZ and NZ Recreation Association guidelines, we would like to remind families about the Pool Alone policy.
- Under five year olds must have a swimming adult with them and be supervised within arms reach at all times. Ratio: one adult to two children under the age of five.
- Children under eight years old are not permitted in any pools unless actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 16 at all times.
Actively supervising means watching your child at all times, and being able to provide immediate assistance.
For all enquiries please contact us:
Phone (03) 347 2734