Selwyn Aquatic Centre
In this section
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Common questions about the Selwyn Aquatic Centre, and their answers
A range of group fitness classes at the aquatic centre. Check out our timetable, class descriptions and book into a class online.
Selwyn Swim School
Register for swimming lessons, information on the different programmes available, term dates and other helpful links.
- Sign up or Buy a Concession or Membership
We are located at 71 Broadlands Drive, Rolleston
Pool Expansion Update!
We have our new 10 lane, 25m pool open for public!
Our original 25m pool is currently closed for maintenance work. Please check the lane availability link below for the best times to visit our facility.
Our family change, accessible change and male changing rooms are complete and open. We currently have temporary female changing room (indoors).
We expect our female changing room and reception areas to be ready in a month or so.
The Centre has four pools:
- Main Pool - 25m pool with eight lanes, 1.2m to 2.1m deep and ramp access available (27.5 degrees)
- Hydrotherapy pool - 1.2m to 1.8m deep, ramp access available with attached spa (35 degrees, spa 36 degrees)
- Learn to swim pool - .65m to .90m (32 degrees)
- Leisure pool with a lazy river and toddlers area attached (32 degrees)
There are different concession and membership options available. Application forms to set up your account are available to complete at our front reception, terms and conditions apply.
To find out when is the best time to come for lane swimming, check our weekly pool lane availability links below. Please note that the hydrotherapy pool is closed to public during Hydro Tone and Hydro Health classes. These classes can be found on our Aqua Fitness timetable and show unavailable on the link below.
Original 25m pool- unavailable due to maintenance
Hydrotherapy pool availability Adults only sessions: 1-3pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 4-8pm in the weekends.
Experience the benefits of aquatic exercise targeting balance, endurance, toning, cardiovascular fitness and more!
Due to high demand, we have introduced a booking and payment system for our hydro pool classes. Take a look at the terms and conditions, give us a call on 03 347 2734 to book in for a class (booking and payment must be done at front counter if you don't have a concession card).
Pool Alone Policy
As per Water Safety NZ and NZ Recreation Association guidelines, we would like to remind families about the Pool Alone policy.
- Under five year olds must have a swimming adult with them and be supervised within arms reach at all times. Ratio: one adult to two children under the age of five.
- Children under eight years old are not permitted in any pools unless actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 16 at all times.
Actively supervising means watching your child at all times, and being able to provide immediate assistance.
For all enquiries please contact us:
Phone (03) 347 2734