Selwyn Aquatic Centre
In this section
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Common questions about the Selwyn Aquatic Centre, and their answers
A range of group fitness classes at the aquatic centre. Check out our timetable, class descriptions and book into a class online.
Selwyn Swim School
Register for swimming lessons, information on the different programmes available, term dates and other helpful links.
- Sign up or Buy a Concession or Membership
Open 6am–9pm Monday to Friday, 8am–8pm Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
71 Broadlands Drive, Rolleston
Level 2 Update:
Thanks for your patience as we work through what the new level 2 guidelines mean for Selwyn Aquatic Centre.
We will be open for some services from 6am, Thursday 9th September. Please see below for more details:
- Recreational lane swimming space will be limited to 30min timeslots and will run from 6.00am – 2.30pm and 7.00pm - 9.00pm, please book in by calling reception on 03 347 2734 from 12pm Wednesday.
- Aqua Fitness will run with limited capacity in the 25m pool only and 2m distancing in place. Please book by calling us on 03 347 2734, online booking is not available at this stage, bookings are compulsory and will open from 12pm Wednesday
- The Spa, Leisure and Hydrotherapy pools will remain closed until further notice, as some maintenance work has occurred around these pools. We hope to open these early next week.
- Learn to Swim lessons will restart next Monday – more information will come to participants directly via email – please keep an eye out for this.
- Squad training run by Selwyn Swim Club will resume with some capacity limitations on Thursday, the coaching staff will be in contact with you directly.
- Masks are not required in the pool but please wear them in and around the pool where possible.
- Please remember to sign in on arrival and maintain 2m distancing from those not in your bubble.
- As with last time please endeavour to come changed ready to swim and change at home after your swim – changing space is very limited.
- Please follow staff directions when onsite to keep everyone as safe as possible.
We will keep you updated as more services come online, expect more updates soon.
Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon,
The Selwyn Aquatic Centre Team
The Centre has five pools:
- New Pool - 25m pool with ten lanes, 1.4m to 2m deep and ramp access available (27.5 degrees)
- Programme pool - under construction. 20m pool with ten lanes, 0.9m to 1.6m. (31 degrees)
- Hydrotherapy pool - 1.2m to 1.8m deep, ramp access available with attached spa (35 degrees, spa 36 degrees)
- Learn to swim pool - .65m to .90m (32 degrees)
- Leisure pool with a lazy river and toddlers area attached (32 degrees)
There are different concession and membership options available. Application forms to set up your account are available to complete at our front reception, terms and conditions apply.
To find out when is the best time to come for lane swimming, check our weekly pool lane availability links below. Please note that the hydrotherapy pool is closed to public during Hydro Tone and Hydro Health classes. These classes can be found on our Aqua Fitness timetable and show unavailable on the link below.
Original 25m pool- unavailable due to maintenance
Hydrotherapy pool availability Adults only sessions: 1-3pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 4-8pm in the weekends.
Pool Alone Policy
As per Water Safety NZ and NZ Recreation Association guidelines, we would like to remind families about the Pool Alone policy.
- Under five year olds must have a swimming adult with them and be supervised within arms reach at all times. Ratio: one adult to two children under the age of five.
- Children under eight years old are not permitted in any pools unless actively supervised by a caregiver over the age of 16 at all times.
Actively supervising means watching your child at all times, and being able to provide immediate assistance.
For all enquiries please contact us:
Phone (03) 347 2734