Applications for registration of a Food Control Plan or National Programmes.

ApplicationsPomegranate Salad

Once you are ready to open your new food business or mobile shop, please submit your application for registration and scope document to either a Selwyn District Council office or to Food and Health Standards via email to

There are two types of registration, a Food Control Plan or a National Programme.

If you have more than one site/premises in the Selwyn District, it is possible that you can register them as one FCP or NP. We can assist you with this.

You must be registered before you are able to sell food.

Our Environmental Health Officers offer support with this process. It is important your registration is completed accurately so please do not hesitate to call for assistance.