We are not able to investigate complaints unless they are associated with specific areas. To report an issue on council maintained areas, please contact us using our online form

Bees and wasp nests

For bee or wasp nests on private property or Council-leased property, contact a Pest Control Company.

Rats, mice or rabbits

Rodents on private residential properties

  • It is the responsibility of the owner/occupier to control and prevent vermin breeding.
  • Try and identify the source of the problem. Bait and/or traps can be obtained from hardware stores or pest control firms, alternatively a pest control firm can be employed to eradicate the problem.
  • We do not lay poison on private properties.
  • If you have a complaint about rats coming from or breeding in a specific source (e.g. a poultry house, shed / garage with rubbish, food premises) contact us and a Environmental Health Officer will investigate.

Rodents on public land

  • Identify the specific area of the problem (e.g. food premise) then contact us and an Environmental Health Officer will investigate the matter further.