In this section
- The Council's Water Conservation and Demand Management Plan [PDF, 1593 KB] provides background information and an analysis of water management in the Selwyn District, and presents a plan for improved water demand management.
- High growth in the eastern urban townships including Rolleston, Lincoln, West Melton and Prebbleton, is driving the need for more public drinking water from these townships sources - both at existing and new sites.
- All current township water restrictions are notified via this website, Facebook and Selwyn Gets Ready. We also inform our rate payers through text and emails.
- Further information about the districts water supplies is available in the 5Waters Activity Management Plans
How you can help
- For some townships residents are able to self-monitor scheme capacity and adjust water usage to suit e.g. don’t irrigate lawns while the scheme is under pressure.
- Check our Save water page for more tips about wise water usage.