Creative Communities Scheme
In this section
Creative New Zealand - Creative Communities Scheme
Funding is available for community-based arts activities in the Selwyn District from the Creative Communities Scheme.
The aim of the Scheme is to increase participation in the arts at a local level, and increase the range and diversity of arts available to communities.
The Scheme is a partnership between Creative New Zealand and the 74 local authorities. Each local authority take responsibility for delivery of the Scheme in its area.
Local decision-making is the key to the Scheme and applications are considered by local assessment committees. All New Zealanders are eligible to apply.
There are four funding rounds held each year. Closing dates are generally the last Friday in August, November, February and May.
The current funding round closes on Friday 25th November 2022.
Please note, Groups or organisations must provide a copy of their latest financial statement with their application.
For information on the Scheme, please contact: email@example.com
- MS Word Creative Communities Application Form [DOC, 1379 KB]
- PDF Creative Communities Application Form [PDF, 365 KB]
- Guide for Applicants [PDF, 309 KB]
- PDF Selwyn Creative Communities Assessor Application Form [PDF, 309 KB]
Please read the Eligibility Guidelines.
Love the arts?
Selwyn District Council are looking for people to help assess the Creative Communities Scheme fund.
Who is needed?
- People who know what’s happening in the arts locally
- People who have experience in one or more forms of art
- People from a range of communities
- People with specific cultural knowledge relevant to the arts
- People of all ages. We would particularly like to include young people on the committee
You’ll help assess applications for funding from artistic individuals and community groups and attend assessment committee meetings between two and four times a year. You’ll be provided guidelines and criteria to follow.
This is a voluntary position.
If you’re interested contact the Creative Communities Scheme Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.