Creative Communities Scheme
In this section
Creative New Zealand - Creative Communities Scheme
Funding is available for community-based arts activities in the Selwyn District from the Creative Communities Scheme.
The aim of the Scheme is to increase participation in the arts at a local level, and increase the range and diversity of arts available to communities.
The Scheme is a partnership between Creative New Zealand and the 74 local authorities. Each local authority take responsibility for delivery of the Scheme in its area.
Local decision-making is the key to the Scheme and applications are considered by local assessment committees. All New Zealanders are eligible to apply.
Please note, Groups or organisations must provide a copy of their latest financial statement with their application.
Application Closing Dates
2022/23 (June-July) – 4 rounds per year
- August 2022, for projects after August 2022 (closed)
- November 2022, for projects after November 2022 (closed)
- Friday 24 February 2023, for projects after 24 February 2023 (closed)
- Friday 26 May 2023, for projects after 26 May 2023 (current round open)
2023/24 (June-July) – 2 rounds per year
- Closing date of 31 August 2023, for projects after 1 November 2023
- Closing date of 31 March 2024, for projects after 1 June 2024
- MS Word Creative Communities Application Form [DOC, 1379 KB]
- PDF Creative Communities Application Form [PDF, 364 KB]
- Guide for Applicants [PDF, 309 KB]
Please read the Eligibility Guidelines.