Selwyn Community Fund
In this section
The Selwyn Community Fund
One of the important ways that Selwyn District Council helps to build strong communities in our district is by supporting groups and organisations that contribute to community wellbeing.
The Selwyn Community Fund is a newly established fund designed to support events and activities that make Selwyn a great place to live, work and play by contributing to community wellbeing, bringing communities together and attracting visitors to Selwyn.
The Selwyn Community Fund is a key mechanism for the Council to financially support community groups doing positive things.
The fund was established in 2018, bringing together an existing fund (Community Events Fund) along with new funds, under a new contestable funding application process.
These are the groups that received funding for round one 2019/20 financial year.
Read more information on round one of funding as well as a list of recipients.
The 7 goals of the Selwyn Community Fund include:
- To increase participation in physical activity across all ages
- To increase participation, engagement and enjoyment for all
- To celebrate and promote Selwyn’s uniqueness
- To build community capacity, collaboration, awareness and understanding
- To create and promote opportunities for volunteering
- To encourage visitors
- To encourage initiatives, activities and approaches that build community spirit, a sense of neighbourliness, belonging and connectedness
Applications for the Selwyn Community Fund are open year round, with funding allocated in four rounds each year.
|Round||Closing Date||Decision Announced|
|One||31 July||10 September|
|Two||31 October||10 December|
|Three||31 January||10 March|
|Four||30 April||10 June|
Do you need help with your application?
Accountability Report Template
If you have any questions, get in touch with our team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org