Selwyn Community History Fund
In this section
History is an important part of our community’s identity. The fund will be used to support kaitiaki (guardians, conservators, and protectors) communities and community groups to:
- Protect and promote Selwyn’s history
- Provide Selwyn residents and visitors access to Selwyn’s history
- Assist Selwyn residents and visitors learn about and better understand the unique stories and places which are Selwyn’s Taonga
- Celebrate the unique stories and places which are Selwyn’s Taonga
Committee funding decisions will:
- recognise Tangata Whenua heritage is an important aspect of Selwyn
- recognise that different geographic communities make up Selwyn
- ensure a variety of aspects of Selwyn’s heritage are supported
- recognise volunteer contributions.
The Committee decisions are final and not open for appeal.
The interim funding is intended to support kaitiaki (guardians, conservators, and protectors), communities and community groups and their heritage activities (including but not limited to contributing towards operating costs) during the period the Plan will be developed for Selwyn district.
Opening date: 01 December 2021
Closing date: 11.59pm, 01 February 2022
Currently, this is a one off funding round however this will be reviewed should funds still be held over. Applications will be evaluated from 28 March 2022 and successful grant applications will be paid out on the 10 April 2022.