In this section
Annual Plans (previous)
Information on previous (non-current) Annual Plans prepared by the Council
Annual Plan 2022/23
The Annual Plan 2022/23 was adopted by the Council on 22 June 2022.
The Annual Plan sets out the Council’s operational and financial plans for the financial year 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023. It covers the second year of the Long-Term Plan 2021-2031.
Our total capital programme for the year is $112 million, investing in infrastructure and facilities across the district. Our forecast operating expenditure for the year is $149 million.
The average rates increase across the district is 6%. This is an average, and for individual ratepayers the actual change may be smaller or greater, depending on your location and the services provided. This 6% average increase is slightly higher than the 4.9% average that we forecast in the LTP last year – but is in line with the current levels of inflation in New Zealand. It is also within the 6% limit set by the Council in its financial strategy.
Draft Annual Plan 2022/23
Consultation on Selwyn District Council’s Draft Annual Plan 2022/23 closed on Thursday 19 May 2022. We received 138 submissions.
Council deliberations on 7 June
- Deliberations booklet [PDF, 42120 KB]
- Minutes of Draft Annual Plan Submissions Deliberations [PDF, 8675 KB]
Council hearings on 30 May 2022
- Hearings schedule and submissions [PDF, 32682 KB] (as of 26 May 2022).
- Full submission 100087 [PDF, 15094 KB]
- Minutes of Draft Annual Plan Submissions Hearings [PDF, 6304 KB]
- Consultation Tuesday 19 April – 5pm Thursday 19 May
- Public hearings 9am-6pm Monday 30 May. Hearings will be livestreamed on the Council’s YouTube channel.
- Council deliberations Tuesday 7 – Thursday 9 June (if required)
- Council adopts final Annual Plan Wednesday 22 June
The Draft Annual Plan is the second year of the Council’s Long-Term Plan 2021-2031, which was adopted in 2021 after extensive community consultation. For the most part our plans haven’t altered significantly and there are no major changes of direction.
The Draft Annual Plan is a chance to check in with the community, seek feedback on the overall programme for the year, and consult on four new or changed projects:
- a change in proposal for the funding of the Hororātā Community Hub,
- closure of parts of the Upper Ellesmere Water Race
- changes to water race rating across the district
- a proposal for investing in biodiversity through a $20 Ecological Enhancement targeted rate and harmonisation of Land Drainage rates
Information on these proposals, the wider work programme, and the impact on rates, is available in the Consultation Document. [PDF, 3843 KB]
You can find more detailed financial information in the full Draft Annual Plan [PDF, 710 KB] document, which forms the supporting information for the Consultation Document.