Prebbleton New Pump Station
- Construction of the new $2.03 million Prebbleton Pump Station began in June 2019 and is expected to be completed in early December 2019.
- The pump station is the first of a series of upgrades to the Eastern Selwyn Sewerage Scheme signaled in the Annual Plan 2019/20 to cater for continuing population growth.
- The station on Springs Road will work together with the current station to collect Prebbleton wastewater and transfer it though the Council network to the Pines Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- It has been designed with a purpose built odour control unit to eliminate any smell from the site and an acoustic engineer also helped with the designs to ensure minimum noise.
- Trees will also be planted around the site to reduce the visual impact.
- The pump station was proposed in the Annual Plan 2016/17 and an independent adviser was engaged to select the best site.
- Discussions were held with the neighbouring landowners and the station was designed to take their feedback into account.