The Foster Dog Park in Rolleston township allows dog owners to exercise their dogs off-leash in a safe and secure environment. The park is 2 hectares, fully fenced with double-gates, and contains carparking, dog wash facilities, seating and picnic facilities, three dog agility equipment areas, water play, and a secure area for small, young, or nervous dogs.
To ensure the Foster Dog Park is a fun, safe place for everyone, the following rules are in place:
- Dogs must be on a lead when entering and exiting the dog park and wear a collar with a current Local Authority registration tag at all times.
- Owners must carry a lead at all times.
- Dogs and children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Be a responsible parent and do not bring your small children into the dog park.
- Equipment in the dog park is for dogs only. Please do not let your children climb on the equipment or use the grounds as a play area.
- Dogs and puppies must be fully vaccinated.
- Owners are required to pick up and dispose of their dog’s poo.
- No bicycles, skateboards or motorised vehicles allowed.
- Dogs that show signs of aggression must either be muzzled or removed from the park.
- Dogs that are sick or in-season are prohibited.
- Owners use the park at their own risk.
Please note: the dog park is booked by the Selwyn Dog Training Club for training on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6.30-9pm, on Sundays from 10am-12pm and on the occasional weekend for competitions. Please keep your dog on a lead and well away from the training area during these times. Selwyn Dog Training Club upcoming events, which may restrict public access to Foster Dog Park, can be found on the Dog Training Club website.
Leeston Dog Park
Leeston now has its very own Dog Park. The 1.8 hectare dog park is located in the area of Council land between the entrance to the A&P Showgrounds and the Ellesmere Heritage Park.
The Dog Park opened in late 2017. It is fully fenced and features dog exercise equipment such as hurdles, jumps, balance beams, pole weave, ramps, a tunnel and more. It also features a small pond and a grooming table.
A carpark and entry is located next to the A&P Showgrounds entry, off Leeston Road.
The project to establish the new park was promoted by the Leeston Community Committee.