Water Race Closures
In this section
Water Race Closures Process
Summary of proposals for water race closures. Including the closure process and public notices.
DISCONTINUANCE OF A STOCKWATER RACE
The Selwyn District Council, in accordance with the special consultative procedure as outlined in the Local Government Act 2002 advises their intention to discontinue the stockwater race(s):
- 3km of the Heslerton Road water race; and
- 3.2km of the Crossgates Road water race.
This discontinuance will be effective in September 2020, subject to the consultation process.
- Submissions close on 21 August 2020. To make a submission please email WaterRaces@selwyn.govt.nz or contact Council.
- Submitters may be heard in support of their submission on August 26th 2020 by a sub-committee of Council.
- View our Summary of Proposal [PDF, 404 KB] showing the section of stockwater race to be closed.
- View map of the Heslerton Road [PDF, 123 KB] section proposed for closure.
- View map of the Crossgates Road [PDF, 362 KB] section proposed for closure.