Water Race Closures
In this section
Water Race Closures Process
Summary of proposals for water race closures. Including the closure process and public notices.
DISCONTINUANCE OF A STOCKWATER RACE
Public Initiated Water Race Closures
The Selwyn District Council, in accordance with the special consultative procedure as outlined in the Local Government Act 2002, advises their intention to discontinue the stock water race(s):
1 – 2.1 km in the Paparua scheme, Selwyn Road
2 – 1.1km in the Paparua scheme, Tancreds Road
3 – 0.1km in the Malvern scheme, Reynolds Road
4 – 1.2km in the Paparua scheme, East Maddisons Road
The discontinuance of these stock water races will be effective from mid-September 2022, subject to the consultation process.
1. Submissions close on 19th August 2022.
2. To make a submission please email email@example.com or contact Council.
3. Submitters may be heard in support of their submission by a sub-committee of Council.
4. View our Summary of Proposal [PDF, 1007 KB] detailing this proposal and the sections of stock water race to be closed.
5. Maps showing the extent of each individual race can be viewed in the Summary of Proposal document.