Fees & Charges
The fees are set by the Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Fees) Regulations 2013 and are standard across the country. Fees apply to manager certificate applications, licences and special licences.
There are two types of fees for licences:
- An application fee – for all applications for new licences, renewals and variations of licences. Fees range from $368 to $1207.50; plus
- An annual fee - payable for each licence every year on the anniversary date of the issue of the licence. Fees range from $161 to $1437.50.
Fees are calculated according to a premises cost/risk rating that is determined by a combination of factors. These are:
- The type of premises (e.g. Restaurant, Tavern, Winery Cellar Door)
- The latest closing time allowed by the licence
- The number of enforcement actions a licensed premise has had over the last 18 months
The following document shows how to calculate your risk rating.
You will be sent an invoice for the annual fee based on your risk rating. It is important to note legislation stipulates that if the annual fee remains unpaid 30 days after the due date, the licence will be automatically suspended.
Fees for On, Off and Club Licences
|Total Weighting||Cost/Risk Rating||Application Fee*||Annual Fee|
|26 +||Very High||$1,207.50||$1,437.50|
* Application fee for all renewals, new licences, and variations
Fees shown above include GST.
The fee for a special licence varies depending on the size of your event and the number of events on the application.
|Class 1||1 large event; or more than 3 medium events; or more than 12 small events||$575.00|
|Class 2||2 to 12 small events; or 1 to 3 medium events||$207.00|
|Class 3||1 or 2 small events||$63.25|
Large event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of more than 400 people
Medium event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of between 100 and 400 people
Small event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of fewer than 100 people
Other Fees & Charges
All fees include GST
- Application for Manager's Certificate $316.25
- Application for Temporary Authority $296.70
- Application for Certificate of Compliance $115.00