Fees & Charges
The fees are set by the new Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Fees) Regulations 2013 and are standard across the country. Council is not able to change these fees at present.
There are two types of fees for all licences:
- An application fee – for all applications for new licences, renewals and variations of licences. This will range from $368 to $1207.50; plus
- An annual fee - payable by all licensees every year on the anniversary date of the issue of the licence. This will range from $161 to $1437.50.
Fees are calculated according to a new premises cost/risk rating that is determined by a combination of factors. These are:
- The type of premises (e.g. restaurant, tavern, winery cellar door)
- The latest hours allowed by the licence
- The number of enforcement actions you have had in the last 18 months
The following document shows how to calculate your risk rating.
You will be sent an invoice for the annual fee based on your new risk rating. It is important to note that if the annual fee remains unpaid 30 days after the due date, your licence will be automatically suspended.
Fees for On, Off and Club Licences
|Total Weighting||Cost/Risk Rating||Application Fee*||Annual Licence Fee|
|26 +||Very High||$1,207.50||$1,437.50|
* Application fee for all renewals, new licences, and variations
Fees shown above include GST.
The fee for a special licence varies depending on the size of your event and the number of events on the application.
|Class 1||1 large event; or more than 3 medium events; or more than 12 small events||$575.00|
|Class 2||2 to 12 small events; or 1 to 3 medium events||$207.00|
|Class 3||1 or 2 small events||$63.25|
Large event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of more than 400 people
Medium event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of between 100 and 400 people
Small event means: An event that the territorial authority believes on reasonable grounds will have patronage of fewer than 100 people
Other Fees & Charges
Charges from 18 December 2013, incl. GST
- Manager's Certificate $316.25
- Temporary Authority Order $296.70