A Club Licence allows the sale and supply of alcohol on a club premises only for club members, affiliates and guests of club members.

Changes to Alcohol Licensing

The new Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 came into force on 18 December 2013 and replaces the old Sale of Liquor Act 1989. The new Act changes some requirements for the licences and certificates that are issued. All licence holders are required to comply with the new law.


Forms for licence applications have been updated. Please ensure you use the latest version on this website - they are different from previous years.

Information Sheets

An information sheet is available that details how to make an application.Lawn Bowls

Local Alcohol Policy

Selwyn District Council has had a Local Alcohol Policy in place as of 24th April 2017.

Related Links