In this section

Introduction- Sale and Supply of Alcohol

Welcome to the Selwyn District Council’s website for Alcohol Licensing.  The Object of The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 is that the sale, supply and consumption of alcohol should be undertaken safely and responsibly and the harm caused by any excessive or inappropriate consumption of alcohol should be minimised. Selwyn District Council believes the key to achieving the object of the Act is in the promotion of responsible attitudes and the development of a culture that leads to the safe consumption of alcohol.  The key to this lays with having efficient and effective licencing practices along with experienced and responsible licensees.

If you want to sell and supply alcohol you must hold the appropriate alcohol licence. Find out from the options above the different types of licences available, including how to go about applying for a licence or renewing an existing one.  You will also find links to other licensing requirements such as Managers Certificates and Temporary Authorities.

The contractor for Alcohol Licensing in the Selwyn District is Food and Health Standards (2006) Ltd.

Physical Address: Level 1, 110 Mandeville Street, Riccarton, Christchurch 8011.

Post: PO Box 7469, Sydenham, CHRISTCHURCH 8240

Phone: 03 365-1667 Fax: 03 365-1567

Alcohol Licensing InspectorsDistrict Licensing Contacts

Chief Licensing Inspector

Malcolm Johnston

021 480 082

Licensing Inspector

Ian Shaw

03 365-1667

Gail Shaw and  Bonnie Denson:

03 365-1667