Why wasn't my bin collected?
Content Archived on the Web
This content has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please check our menus for latest news items.
Last modified: 29 Jul 2020 10:17am
There are a number of reasons why our waste management contractors may not have collected your bin.
If your bin was not collected, a tag may have been attached to it explaining why.
Some reasons why your bin may not have been collected are:
- the lid was not shut flat or the bin was overflowing
- the bin was contaminated (eg non-recyclable items in the recycling bin or plastic in the organics bin) or contained liquid or hazardous waste
- the bins were not registered to your property
- the bin was put out on the wrong week for recycling
- the bin or bag was too heavy and over the weight restrictions.
- the bin or bag was not put out on time
- the bin was not correctly presented at the kerbside.
If you think your bin was missed please contact us on 347 2800 or by filling out an online form. Please provide the serial number on the side of your bin.
We are experiencing huge growth in organics volumes right now and this is causing our collection trucks to take a little bit longer to complete all collections so if your bins are still full leave them out for a short while before contacting us as our team may still be on their way. Our website features detailed information on our bin collecting process.